Richness and Blessing...

Sep 17, 2009

More truth from Walter and Ragman:

In the terrible, terrible doing of ministry is the minister born. And, curiously, the best teachers of that nascent minister are sometimes the neediest people, foul to touch, [unworthy], ungiving, unlovely, yet haughty in demanding - and then miraculously receiving - love. These poor, forever with us, are our riches.

Oh God, let me know the richness you have given me by putting people all around me who are desperate and needing. For giving me people to love you through. For allowing me the opportunity to physically serve you. Thank you for the poor and the broken, the hungry and the sick, the imprisoned and the hurting; for it is through them that I can touch you, it is in their face that I see your eyes, it is on their skin that I feel your warmth. Make me know, truly know the extent of those blessings. Increase your presence in my life through them.

And thank you for their sacrifice and humility in receiving my help, that I may draw near to you in the journey.

...

Lessons for Today: The number of people whose last name falls in the A-D category here at WRBC is exceptionally long... Wouldn't have thought.

0 comments: